(Post en français ICI)
I am honored to announce that I am hosting the June 2011 edition of “Does my blog look good in this?”, the monthly food photography event, administered by Andrew of Spittoon Extra and referred as “the grandest foodporn event available on the web”!
DMBLGIT is open to bloggers who have posted a food or drink photograph. Bloggers submit their best photo posted on their blog during the previous month. Photos are then judged and scored.
You can check out the winners from last month at Indian Simmer.
I'll tell you more about the judges in another post.
- Only one food/drink photograph may be entered per person.
- The photograph must have been taken by you.
- The photograph must have been posted on your blog between May 1 through 31, 2011.
- The deadline to submit your entry is June 20, 2011 at midnight
5 judges (4 judges+me), introduced later this month, will choose 6 winners based on the following criteria:
Aesthetics: composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc.
Edibility: does the photo make us want to eat your computer monitor?
Originality: a photo that makes you think “Wow! I never thought of photographing it like that before.”
Three overall winners will be selected plus one in each of the 3 categories.
As host I have the privilege of choosing one photo that I think stands out, but wasn’t chosen as a winner.
How to Enter DMBLGiT:
Send me an e-mail with "DMBLGiT Entry" as the subject line to me at:
In your email, please include:
1. An attachment of a single qualifying food or drink photo you'd like to enter. It should be without text or watermark and no more than 500 pixels in width.
2. Your name
3. Your blog URL
4. The title of the image/what it is
5. The URL of the post containing the photograph
6. The camera and lens you used
7. Your location
All submissions will be posted into the DMBLGIT June edition Picasa gallery as I receive them. If you don't get an acknowledgment from me within 72 hours of sending your entry, please leave a message in the comments section of this post, or catch me on Facebook or Twitter.
By submitting a photo, entrants agree to their photo being redisplayed and altered in size on the host’s page and on the Spittoon Extra DMBLGiT page.
If you have any questions about this month's event, please email me.
If you want hosting a future edition of DMBLGiT, email Andrew with "DMBLGiT Host" as the subject.
I can't wait to see your photo!